Curious about how to become a member of Fremont County Women Who Care? About what goes on in our meetings? How the non-profits are chosen to receive contributions? We've got all the information you need right here.
Becoming a Member
We are always looking for philanthropic Fremont County women to join our group and help our organization grow. Here's what you need to do to become a member:
- Each member commits to one year of membership - four meetings each year, quarterly.
- Any woman in the area can become a member - whether you live in Fremont County or another surrounding county. You are welcome here!
- A member commits to a donation at each meeting. You can commit to $100 on your own, or you can split the donation with another member and each donate $50. Even teams of three are welcome!
- To join Fremont County Women Who Care, fill out this Fremont County Women Who Care membership form
Nominating a non-profit or Charitable Organization
- Only members in good standing can nominate a non-profit or charitable organization. To be in “good standing,” a member must be current with their donations from previous meetings.
- All nominated organizations must be a 501(c)3 non-profit.
- All nominated organizations must commit to keeping all contributions from Fremont County Women Who Care in the local, Fremont County area.
- A member who nominated a non-profit must be ready with a 5 - minutes presentation about the non-profit, should theirs be one of the three chosen organizations.
How The Organization Is Chosen
- All member - nominated non-profit organizations are put into a hat.
- From the nominated organizations, three are chosen.
- If an organization is pulled from the hat more than once, drawing will continue until three different organizations are chosen.
- Once the organizations are chosen, the member who nominated the organization will give a 5 - minutes presentation on the non-profit they nominated.
- After listening to all three presentations, members in good standing cast their votes for their favorite non-profit.
- The non-profit with the most votes will receive the donations for that quarter.
- Winning organizations cannot be in the running for contributions again for a full calendar year.
Making Your Donation
- Members may write their checks directly to the non-profit, or may donate online directly through the non-profit’s website.
- Can’t make it to the meeting? No problem! After the meeting, members who could not attend the meeting will be notified of the winning organization. Members can either donate online, take their checks to the organization directly, or drop their checks off at Gift Chateau, located at 731 Main Street in Downtown Cañon City. Let them know you are giving them money for your Fremont County Women Who Care contribution.
And that’s it! How amazing is that? One big group of women, one hour and one donation every three months can make a huge difference in Fremont County. Together, we can strengthen this community.
If this sounds like something you want to be involved in, we would love to have you as a member at our next Fremont County Women Who Care meeting. Fill out your membership form, and we will see you soon!